But don't despair! There are some things you can do to make today and the next few months a little easier!
For those in P2 & P3-- There's not a lot you can do as far as the food is concerned, but you can find ways to take your mind off all those lurking treats. When the munchies strike, try one of these distractions:
- Read a good book! Lose yourself in a good mystery or romance. There's nothing like reading a compelling story to take your mind off your rumbling tummy.
- Go shopping! Take a stroll through your local mall and take a look at all those cute clothes that are going to fit you right off the rack very soon. I love to go window shopping so I can keep my eye on those stylish fashions and snatch them up the moment they go on sale. Just stay away from the food court! Focus on shoes and bags!
- Get into nature! Take a day trip to the park or go on an easy hike! 500 calories a day doesn't make for a lot of extra energy, but just getting some fresh air into your lungs can help you to see the big picture and restore you for another day!
- Get Creative! No sugar or carbs allowed, but you can check the recipe sites on this blog or do a google search for lots of good recipes with alternative ingredients. I just posted a great Pumpkin Pie recipe and will be posting another for Apple Crisp soon. So yummy for the fall season!
For P4 maintenance dieters-- If you have followed the HCG protocol up til now, you have a few more choices as far as your food is concerned. You can eat almost anything you like, but that is the danger. Be sure that you are keeping track of the foods that help you to gain weight and avoid those when you can. Watch the scale and if it hits that 2 lb. mark, do your Steak Day! To help you stay on pointe, try these tips:
- Take advantage of sugar-free snacks! There are plenty of alternatives out there, Splenda, Nutrasweet, Truvia, and more. I have found that these snacks are tasting more and more like the real thing but they do not affect your weight level like sugar can. My favorites are Blue Bunny No Sugar Added Bunny Tracks Ice Cream, Jell-o Sugar-free Pudding and for fall, I am loving, Alpine Sugar-free Apple Cider and Swiss Miss Sugar-free Hot Cocoa mix. Warm and tasty!
- Track your Treats! Don't let yourself have free reign. Set limits before you head to the holiday bash and stick to it.
- Choose Wisely! Stay away from sweets if you know they do you in and go for the cheese ball and crackers instead. Find the veggie tray and leave the caramel popcorn alone!
The holidays can be hard, but you can be strong! Remember that the treats you pass up today are helping you make permanent changes for the future! Help us all to do our best by sharing your best secrets to success here! We'd love to hear about any recipes, treats or ideas that are working for you!